Blogs are an incredible way to naturally grow your traffic online. They are a great branding tool and allow you to get your name and website out there for the world to see. However, in order for you to be successful with blogging, you will need traffic. In order to get traffic, there are a few things you should do. Firstly, consider hiring an SEO company. Running a business and blogging will likely take up most of the time that you have. Search engine optimization is a time-consuming process and you need to have the right amount of dedication and expertise to make it work. Luckily, an SEO company will have that!
After you have hired one, read the following tips to make sure you increase your blog traffic.
- Utilize Title Tags. Your title will have two main purposes. The first is to entice people to read your blog. It should describe what the article is about and encourage them to keep reading. The second is to actually bring traffic to your blog. You will have to include keywords in your title to ensure that search engines will index it so people can find it. You should try using the same keywords that you do for your website, as you are likely targeting the same audience with both sites.
- Comment on off-page sites. If you want to get more traffic, you will have to go out and actively find it. This includes commenting on other blogs in the industry, on online communities and on forums. Make sure the comments are helpful and relevant, and include a link back to your blog. If they aren’t helpful, you will get marked as spam. An SEO company can do this for you, as it is generally a time consuming process.
- Make sure your posts are tagged. This essentially means labelling your content. These tags are used to bookmark content for users as well as help them find it. Search engines will see your site as more user friendly if you use tags.
- Guest Bloggers. If you invite guest bloggers to your blog, you will bring with them all of their own viewers. This will increase your traffic and bring credibility to your site. Guest bloggers will also likely link to your site for their own purposes too (which works great for you!).
- Social Media. Make sure you are linking to your posts on your social media sites. Include a leading title so people can’t help but click!
Those 5 tips will instantly help you increase traffic to your blog. By hiring an SEO company, you can ensure your blog will get the necessary traffic to be successful.